.profile-img { margin:0 auto 0; -webkit-border-radius: 50em; -moz-border-radius: 50em; border-radius: 50em; }

5 Non-typical Ways to Use Tea

Friday 18 December 2015


     I don't know about you, but I love tea and not just for drinking. It can be used multiple ways and each type holds its own benefit. These are five ways I actually use tea in my daily life.

#1: Tea Hair Rinse
     Yes, tea is beneficial for your hair! The most common tea used for hair rinses is black. Why is this a thing you ask? Black tea has more caffeine than a regular cup of coffee. Caffeine cancels out DHT which promotes hair loss. It also adds shine to the hair and can act as a darkening hair colour.
How do I make a tea rinse? Simple. All you need is roughly three tea bags and make tea like you would normally. After this, cool the tea over night. The last step is to pour over shampooed hair and let sit for at least 20 minutes. Black tea can also stain, so take the proper precautions.

#2: Tea Face Steam
     I typically use green tea for my facial tea steams. This is because it promotes anti-ageing (with all the burning I get in the summer, its needed) and, like a sauna, pulls out the toxins in your face for overall healthier/pimple free skin. Also, it can get rid of congestion. Yay multitasking! I usually finish this off with a face mask and my usual skincare routine.

#3: Deodorizer
     We are humans and therefore, we smell. Yes, even you! Tea can help to mask the oders in our every day life. I don't typically have smelly feet but my Toms are horrible. If you have Toms, you will understand. Just stick a tea bag of choice in each shoe and bam, you will have wonderful if not decent smelling shoes without buying expensive sprays. The deodorizing possibilities don't stop there. You can make air fresheners for your car, house, and office. It can even be used as a hand scrub after working with harsh smelling foods such as fish and garlic.

#4: Get rid of mass amounts of ladybugs
     Where I live, lady bugs are everywhere seeking a warm place to hibernate before winter hits. Unfortunately they think our houses are a great place. It can be discusting and even stain walls.  I did some research a while back on ways to get rid of them. I discovered that they hate the smell of basil. Instead of throwing a handful of ground basil at the windows and doors, I made a tea. I took loose leaf tea bags, filled them with basil and brewed them as regular tea. I then let it cool, put it in a spray bottle and sprayed the living day lights out of our screen door. I couldn't believe when the number went from roughly 100 to about 5 lady bugs. Mission accomplished.

#5: Obviously Drinking it
     You would not believe the benefits tea can give you. I won't go into each types benefits but give an overview of why it's so great. Tea can reduce this risk of heart attacks, degenerative diseases,  cancer, and can improve bone strength. This is only a small percentage of what tea can do for you.

     It is truly a miracle liquid and can fight almost everything. Next time you are at the grocery store pick some up. You would be amazed at the results.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)