.profile-img { margin:0 auto 0; -webkit-border-radius: 50em; -moz-border-radius: 50em; border-radius: 50em; }

14 Things to Do This New Year

Thursday 31 December 2015


#1: Embrace Change
In order to grow as a person and in terms of happiness, you have to allow change. Better yet, embrace it. Change makes you more flexible and able to adapt to many different situations. Change also opens up new possibilities.

#2: Write Letters to People Who Mean the Most to You
We can't always read each other. I know I need to be told or shown how much I am cared for often. When this does not happen I start thinking people hate me. 10 points for anxiety! Because I know this about myself, I assume there are others with a similar problem and therefore this new year, I am writing a little note to the people I appreciate the most. I want them to know that they bring value to my life.

#3: Get a new Agenda and fill it up
I am pumped because I recently got a Kate Spade agenda and it's gorgeous! I find that having that fresh, un-scribbled agenda helps make life feel new. The best part is going through and labelling everyone's birthdays and reminds me I have events to look forward to. If you are looking for great agendas, I would suggest taking a look at Chapters/Indigo.

#4: Reflect on Your Accomplishments From the Previous Year
You did something great last year. Take a moment to appreciate yourself for it. There may have been hard times, but life is too short to dwell on them.

#5: Don't make New Years Resolutions
STOP. Do not make any resolutions. When you force yourself to do something that you are not use to, the outcome is typically a crash. Instead just forget them and choose to live better. Slowly work up  to your goal when you can.

#6: Tie up Loose Ends
Apologize and forgive. I am not saying I have mended all my relationships in life, but I am working towards it. It is the only way to feel better and move on with your life.

#7: Words are swords. Use them wisely.
I forget to think before I speak. This usually leads to people taking things the wrong way or me just saying too much. It can hurt people and relationships. This year, try being softer, kinder and think before hand.

#8: Take criticism
Not all criticism is meant to hurt you and even if it does, sometimes it's needed. We are all flawed and we can all work on something. Take what people say about you and use it to better yourself.

#9: Laugh
Find things to laugh at. I know it is hard not to get caught up in depression and drama. I have to constantly remind myself to laugh and that there is joy in the world.

#10: Find a New Album
Music heals the soul. It is something we escape to in order to make sense of our emotions, but nothing is worse than being stuck in a music rut. Take a couple ours to sit down, relax and find a new favourite album. I use Last fm to find similar artists to my favourites!

#11: Make a Quote Jar
I actually did this last year. I already had my quotes in a board on pinterest, but I wanted to do something with them. I got an old mason jar and wrote all my favourite lift-me-up quotes on blue pieces of paper and put them in the jar. When I get sad or just need a smile, I pull a few out and read them. It just adds a bit of brightness to my life.

#12: Spend Less//Make More
This somewhat goes hand in hand with the previous point. I haven't done enough of this, but I have made a pact with myself to start creating more instead of spending extra money to buy things pre-made.

I hope this year is your best yet. I also hope these points will inspire you or just bring a smile to your face! Happy New Years!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)